Chronic Headache Management
Your Source for the Latest in Medical News and Technology
Plastic Surgeons – Phoenix
A tummy tuck, Phoenix plastic surgeons explain is a procedure that can effectively tighten and reshape the abdominal area by removing excess skin and fat, while strengthening and correcting damage to abdominal muscles as a result of pregnancy or natural aging.
Plastic Surgery Options
Some, after having children, seek a plastic surgeon for a tummy tuck to get their pre-baby body back. Others have a loose, sagging or protruding mid section due to genetics, after multiple pregnancies, or as a result of natural aging. Prior surgery such as caesarean section can also contribute to the dissatisfaction some women have about the appearance of their abdominal area. Surgery in the form of a tummy tuck Phoenix plastic surgeons explain, when performed correctly can add firmness as well as tighten the abdominal area, allowing for a smoother, tighter, and more contoured look that generally cannot be achieved with diet and exercise alone.
- Traditional: This procedure requires a horizontal incision between the pubic bone and the navel, similar to a c-section scar. Excess tissue and fat is removed often with the help of liposuction. Weak abdominal muscles are tightened, and a circular incision around the navel allows for tightening and smoothing of the upper abdomen as well.
- Tummy Tuck Men: The above procedures are also available for men who wish to address excess skin as well as “pot bellies”, “love handles”, or “spare tires”. These procedures create a firmer, better-contoured male physique.
- Mini or partial abdominoplasty : A horizontal incision is made above the pubic bone. Excess fat and skin are removed, abdominal muscles are tightened.
- Endoscopic: During this minimally invasive “mini” procedure, plastic surgeons make several very small incisions, allowing surgeons to use an endoscope with a tiny camera to tighten the abdominal muscles. This mini version may also include liposuction as needed. No skin is removed, so candidates for this technique generally have minimal excess skin with good elasticity.
- Extended: This procedure addresses excess skin and fat at the sides and back (love handles) as well as the abdomen.
Candidates for surgery are generally healthy non-smokers who maintain a consistent weight. Potential abdominoplasty patients must also have realistic expectations for their tummy tummy tuck in Phoenix. Women who expect to have additional children or people with fluctuating weight or who are significantly overweight are often told by their plastic surgeons to postpone abdominoplasty surgery until a later date.
Patients should be aware that surgery is not a substitute for weight loss or exercise, and can only address the removal of stretch marks if located on the area of the midsection that will be surgically corrected.